Soooo, I went laser tagging last night. Picture a musty, dark cave with hoards of women-less, socially awkward, and overly competitive video gamers, all huddled together awaiting their 15 minutes of glory whilst Taylor Swift's "Be Mine" and Train's "Hey Soul Sister" serenade...and you're experiencing the "Ultimate Laser Tag Adventure." Ultimate, alright. And then there's me. And a couple of people from Loma that I didn't really know. We might as well have been at the zoo, observing this cult of strange creatures. I now know what Computer Science majors do with their weekends.
Well, it's finally our turn to get in there, deeper into the pit of hell, where they're supposed to be explaining how you activate your gun, shoot people, save yourself, etc etc. You know, the usual. Mile-a-minute explainer employee finishes his shpeel aaand.......it's game time! Thirty seconds into the round and I am blatantly ignoring Rule #2, sprinting up and down the levels, feeling rebellious and a little too much like a professional sniper. I'm aiming at people left and right, dipping and diving around corners just in the knick of time. I've even found a cubby where I can spot potential enemies without them even seeing me. Ahhh...so clever.
Yeah, really clever. My 15 minutes of fame shrunk ever so quickly to about 3 when I realized that I was SHOOTING MY OWN TEAMMATES and that the little music my vest keep making (super annoying) was actually informing me that I had been shot repeatedly in the back. Coooome on!!!!!! Can't a girl get a break?!!? I had almost forgotten in that 5,000 square foot war-zone that I can't even hit the broad side of a barn, let alone some minuscule flashing lights blazing by on a moving target. Needless to say, I came 22nd out of the 37 people playing. My friend Jon informed me that he had "a really bad round too."
He came in 5th.
Soooo, laser tagging isn't really my sport/thing. I sort of feel like I invested $7 into the offering plate of gore and destruction only to be epically reminded that yes, I am definitely still a girl, and no, I will never be able to successfully play games with guns. The night, however, was a blast regardless. :)
I play the same way. And totally stink the same way :)
ReplyDelete