Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's January 15th...

...and I'm burnt. Crisp. Sizzling. The kind of heat that radiates through skin and bones, making sleep impossible and showers painful. You could fry an egg on these bright red arms of mine. Rudolph, anyone? Seriously, tell me it's the middle of July and I wouldn't think twice.

Along with a couple girls from my hall, I got a ride up to Ocean Beach this morning and was able to take advantage of the low tides and relatively secluded sand...burying our friend Jon and making sandcastles near the water. Yes, we were all acting at least 10 years younger. And yes, we got plenty of weird looks for it. But that's truly what I feel like...a nine year old. You know, the ecstasy of that first birthday party at Chuck E Cheese? The thrill of those (nasty) ball pits, or winning 17 tickets to be spent on a really awesome gel pen? Getting to discover Disneyland for the first time? Seeing that Mickey, Minney, and the princesses really are real? Yeah...it's kinda like that. We all are familiar with the feeling: enjoying the world as if it's for the first time, with no reservations or anxieties or worried second thoughts. My heart is happy and my soul is light. I just still can't believe that I call this place home.

No comments:

Post a Comment