Well, here I sit, in my lovely QUEEN bed (oh how very soon I will be re-discovering the twin), realizing how ready I am to be back at school. No offense to you, beloved family and friends, but it's about that time. I, yes I, Masey Kole Schrader, who has practiced television abstinence for nearly 19 1/2 years has now become a victim of reality TV shows. It all started with 16 and Pregnant...then Teen Mom 1...followed by Teen Mom 2...and now... The Bachelor. Thanks to my discovery of Hulu.com, I have watched enough nonsense to fill my mind for at least the whole semester. Ugh, this has got to stop! I am hating myself for my addiction even as I type. Hence, as I previously stated, time for some routine again. And books. And that California sunshine. ;)
My three-week long vacation has been incredible. I have been given the precious family time, but also the R&R, that I have desperately been needing. I think we can forget sometimes that these periods of rest are just as crucial as any of the events on our demanding schedules. Needless to say, maximum time has presented itself for much sleeping and laziness because of the circumstances of this holiday season. One of my long-time good friends, Kirsten Thyberg, has moved to Sweden to be with her fiance, while another amazing woman that I have known through high school, Brenna Wood, is over serving Jesus in Africa for three months. To put the cherry on top of my friendless sundae, my sister and best friend, Lindsay Sauerlender, deserted me for California over most of break. A little taste of my own medicine, I suppose. :) Hence, this break has not been quite the reunion that I pictured. I am missing my three lovely ladies and feeling that gap of their absence. As a result, though, I have got to spend a good chunk of my time just hanging out at home. This would not normally have been the case, and it has been great to really feel like a family again with my parents and brother. I have also been getting to see other people that I wasn't necessarily as close to in high school, and experiencing the blessings of those unexpected connections.
I am going back to a second semester of school rejuvenated.
But hey, what about that new year thing? January? Resolutions? Losing a few pounds...or that attitude? I think it's been stated before...I'm not really one for resolutions at a new year. I believe that any month of the year can be the right time to make a change. However, since my freshman year of high school, I have taken up an interesting habit in my journal every six months: listing 10 things I am thankful for (in the past half-year) and 10 things I am asking God for. It is amusing, to say the least, to look back at even my junior year wish-list--near the top was simply listed "A Date to Prom." This was clearly one of my shallower and more fairy-tale driven requests, but it's amazing to see how God tends to the littlest of things; often times, requests I may not truly be confident of myself. It keeps me honest and faithful. In sort of a vulnerable state, I thought I'd share with you my top ten prayer requests for the next six months (until May...from last November). I greatly appreciate your prayers, and I know that God will continue to respond in His time. Happy 2011 everyone! Cheers!
Straight from the diary of MKS:
1. Help to reach out and meet people
2. Ways to get more involved in Existence (my San Diego home church)
3. Erased 'Christianity' --new life in Christ
4. Be Christ to Gram & Pops (my grandparents)
5. Direction in my major/future
6. Solid guy friends
7. CONFIDENCE (capitalization included...haha)
8. Stay in prayer consistently
9. Know Christ on a new level
10. Knowledge through more reading
Awesome goals, Mase-face! I hope you'll update us in June :)
ReplyDelete