Hello from sunny, rainy, thundering, lightning, and whatever other weather patterns are possible San Diego! We have been having a crazy day of odd coastal clouds mixed with intermittent sunshine. The beginning of this week was almost intolerably warm, with temperatures up into the 90's and even pushing 115 or so inland. We spoiled, temperate-snobs along the coast were near death. Because the ocean breeze is a constant coolant here, the lack of AC in any of the buildings only shows its ugly face in weeks like these. Still...campus is as beautiful as ever. :)
As of yesterday, I am TWO WEEKS from coming home! October 14th through the 17th is our fall break, so I will be spending a few precious days in Olympia...and hopefully Seattle and Portland with dearly missed friends. The anticipation of returning makes me realize how much I really am attached to my hometown. It is where I have grown up, learned life, and stored unbelievable amounts of memories and relationships. I find myself missing random perks of the Northwest--trees that don't start with the world palm...actually having to put on a jacket to go outside...walks around Capital Lake...a downtown that isn't a death wish. As much as I may love 'So Cal' and all of the new independence, Olympia will never fail to be home. And home is still where my heart is...
No comments:
Post a Comment