Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why me?


I'm homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :) :) :) I'm slightly happy, and my cat is even slightly happier. It's weird though that "home" starts to feel a little less "home-y" every time that I come back to Olympia. Almost as if I'm watching some perpetual timeline of my little life--memories of the past bleeding together with this new way of life that I'm finding in San Diego. I can't really explain it...it's strange though. Certainly not a bad strange.

In light of this Thanksgiving season and the immense gratitude I am feeling for being able to spend it with family & friends, I thought I'd talk about the New Year's resolution that my mind has been chewing on: Don't complain. Sort of relates to that whole Thanksgiving thing. I'm not really one for 'resolutions,' however. Goals, sure. Plans, yes. But that R word......

2010 has been a tough year for me. Coming out of 2009, undoubtedly the best time of my life thus far, I was expecting a lot. And I didn't get it. And when things started to spiral downward slowly, so did my attitude. And I complained. Alot. It has become increasingly apparent that complaining is now the majority of my conversation-making: I don't feel good, I don't look good, This person is annoying, That person is mean, My classes are hard, My friends are far away, I don't get to sleep in...blah blah blah. Life sucks, right? Not really. I don't have cancer, I'm pretty sure I still have all four limbs, I have (probably too much) food to eat every day, and heck...I even get to live on the beach.

Rather than demanding a "why" of each situation, I think a more appropriate response to every blessing would be "why me?"

So, I'm gonna work on being grateful in all things, because regardless, that is Christ's will for me at the very moment. No more complaints, just thanks. Please, please help hold me to this. Even if it's not quite January 1st, here's your invitation...:) Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Be joyful always;
    pray continually;
    give thanks in all circumstances,
    for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

    1 Thess. 5:16-18

    ReplyDelete