Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble Gobble




To grandmother's house we go...

and that we did. We made the icy, windy trek up (over?) to Hood Canal Wednesday night to spend Turkey Day with my lovely grandparents. And it was lovely indeed...lots of catching up, smiles, laughter, the usual football, impossible puzzles, tacky Christmas sweaters, football fans, and, of course, food. Kyle, Sam, and I played in the remaining traces of snow on Thursday morning until I couldn't stand being cold any longer and called it quits. Then, my grandma, mom, and I (and maybe Kyle...but shhhh) watched The Notebook. I don't know what that has to do with Thanksgiving, or the holidays at all really, but who can't give thanks about getting to look at Ryan Gosling for two hours straight? Not I, not I...After that, we had the usual incredible turkey meal, as slaved on all afternoon by my grandma. And it didn't disappoint...

Let's just say I'm heading back to San Diego a lot happier and a little heavier. :) But no worse for the wear. Except a little frostbitten. It's a good thing that I have three weeks to thaw before coming home again because I'm going to need it. But those three weeks can't pass quickly enough; I have loved being home!

No comments:

Post a Comment