Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Today and Every Day

Today, my parents celebrate the 20th anniversary of their wedding day! Even though, I must admit, any public displays of affection may still make me cringe, or else sigh with a little embarrassment, I am thankful that my parents are still affectionate with each other. I am thankful that for the nearly nineteen years that I lived at home, I witnessed a husband and a wife who actively cared for one another; who stayed faithful to their vows of "for better or for worse"; who compromised their individuality for the sake of our family; and who were able to laugh with (or often at) each other through every circumstance. I am thankful for such a picture of a marriage in my parents. Without the health of their relationship, I doubt that I could be successful in my own experiences with dating or, eventually, as a spouse. So, parents, here's to a celebration of your ongoing love for one another, today and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you.
    More meaningful than you could ever know!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete