Monday, May 16, 2011

Life in...the Homeland

I have been back home, in Olympia, for a little over twenty-four hours and I can already tell that this is going to be one heck of a summer. Not forty-five minutes after my mom and I came to a stop in our driveway, I was already off to visit two of my lovely ladies. Spend my first night at home in my own bed? Nah. Not when I can be on an air-mattress on the floor of my best friend's house. :)

Fun Fact #1: Kirsten, afore-mentioned friend of mine, is constantly injuring herself. To the point where we all know something disastrous is bound to happen when we are un-graced by her presence. Last night? She managed to jam her elbow into the back support of a chair, stuck tightly until her mom freed her. Later that night? She decided to blow up the insta-bed I was sleeping on (with a built in air pump), and upon finishing, drop it directly on top of her foot. When Olivia and I woke up this morning, we were the only ones in the living room because she had gone to get x-rays. Just...see below. I think you'll get the idea. We love her.


Anyways, I spent the majority of today running wedding errands with this lovely bride-to-be. We stocked up on some hair products, shopped for the perfect pair of heels for the wedding party, and worked with settings for her ring. It's weird to see all of these things finally coming together, and thinking about the wedding only four months down the road. She's more than ready and confident though, and it's been a beautiful thing to witness.

In exciting news of the life of Masey Kole: notta. I have crates, boxes, and suitcases galore in my room that need unpacking. I've started my cat and dish duties up, once again. I'm thinking about maybe thinking about promising myself to work out again on the regs. Maybe. And, meanwhile, I'm running around like a crazy person trying to find some sort of employment. Jobs are.....jewels. I will find mine. Eventually.

Fun fact #2: I just want to let all of blog land know that I drove almost 1/5 of the way home from San Diego. As in, on a freeway, going over 60 mph, in increments greater than 45 minutes. I thought this might prove to my mom that I could one day make the journey alone, but....not so much. Baby steps, friends, baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to help you unpack if you agree to help me re-do my room! =) haha look forward to seeing you tomorrow girl! 1/5 of the way! thats progress!

    ReplyDelete