Big sigh. After nearly three straight weeks of go, go, go, I am taking my first five minute break to just sit and reflect. The first semester of my sophomore year culminated today in a 120-minute, 220-question, 42-page "Intro" to Lit final that felt a lot like my brain throwing up all over the table followed by a short term spasm of Alzheimer's.
What's an ending without a bang though, huh?
The airport feels much like rehab now. It's this subtle fight that my mental agenda keeps attempting to instigate, beginning as soon as I sit still: "Umm....hey, what do you think you're doing? Did you forget about me?"
I continue to open my computer and pull up every social networking site I can think of for perusal.
This campainger is a persistent little one though: "Uh, you sure? Nothing you could be working on? Getting ahead on? Accomplishing?"
Sinking back into my chair and munching on my inexcusably expensive airport grub, there begins to grow a hint of conviction about my five-minute break. Maybe I should be doing something. Reading at least, or writing........Aha! Blogging it is.
Mental agenda: "That's what you call productive?! Huh? Huh?! HUH??!"
I plug in my headphones, pull open my most guilty of music pleasures, and, with the gradual fall of my eyelids, give my little mental agenda a little mental smirk. Ha. It's Christmas break. And I'm winning.
No comments:
Post a Comment