I'll be honest with you bloggers, when I returned home from school, I was stuck in a depression (see previous post). My mind had become a rut of negative thoughts towards certain situations and, most prominently, myself. I was already dreading the end of summer, and it hadn't even begun. I pouted about being jobless. Car-less. Somewhat friend-less. Wahhh.
Then, something happened. I wish I could point my finger as to the source, so that I could have that state of mind bottled up and passed out on the streets. I wanted to enjoy my life, and be known for that joy. I was tired of just existing--staying up until early morning hours, lying around in bed until one, expecting the following hours to be as dark as the previous. Grumps, frumps, and lumps...about what you could call me.
I'm the happiest to report: not any longer. I don't really care what goes on in a day; cars are bound to break down, people are sure to change, nails are gonna break, plans are made to fail. And I'm gonna love the heck out of life. The funny thing about this is, when we do, it seems to fancy us right back.
So, in view of the life that God has called "good" and in memory of my grandmother, a woman who absolutely made the most joy of every second, who's passing will be four years tomorrow: don't keep waiting to live.
Amen :) Love this!
ReplyDelete