...not really though. Majoring in math is hard. My brain kind of just hurts all the time.
Like usual, this morning was a 6:30 wake-up call for my two-hour math lab. After that, two hours of computer programming. Walking outside to the sunshine and ocean is a depressing reminder of how much time I spend in front of a screen, punching numbers. And then again, tonight, after spending 3+ hours secluding myself in the library to work on Calculus (in addition to last night's 4+), I'm a witness to flocks of done-up girls in high heels and dresses as I walk back to my dorm. Going out on a Thursday night? That's foreign to me--except maybe as far as the computer lab. I don't mean to complain or put myself above having fun, but I do wish sometimes that I had chosen an easier path.
The weird thing is though: I love it. I love the satisfaction of investing time into a problem, compiling novels of software, or studying the language of numbers. The reward of a solution or even a breakthrough is the reason that I really don't mind the extra effort.
And if that isn't the definition of a nerd, then I don't know what is. :)
So what do I want to do with all of this when the rubber meets the road? I've thought about statistical analysis, or perhaps accounting, but as of now the road I'm still pursuing is education. I'd like to teach at the high school level soon, and if any brain cells remain one day, become credited for higher courses. We'll see though...right now, the only thing I'd like a career in is nap taking. Why did that ever end with Pre-School anyways?
Oh your a nerd =) But an amazing beautiful, jesus loving, fun, funny wonderful friend nerd! =) Love you mas!
ReplyDelete