Monday, August 16, 2010

Golden State


16 hours down, 6 more to go...but I'm finally HERE- in the refreshingly familiar hills of Southern California. Something about driving along miles and miles of ocean cliffs can do the mind, body, and soul some serious good. I had forgotten how much this place truly is home to me. My mom and I have stopped near Hearst Castle for the night, which we are going to tour tomorrow morning before making the last leg of our journey. We left my dad and Kyle in Medford, Oregon early early early (did I mention, much too early?) this morning for a golf tournament and hit the road running. Everything about the trip so far has gone as planned...aka: I drive until I start getting sleepy (which usually comes in about two hour increments) and then my fearless, coffee-addicted mother takes over. I mean...my loving co-pilot and friend... :) We have already listened to every CD I own, frequented all of the Starbucks between Olympia and the equator, and even made a quick detour to see some dear friends. All of this to say, I am on cloud nine. I had thought that leaving home would be much harder than it was...although, petting my animals for the last time until December almost brought a sign of a tear. But really, I couldn’t be happier. The past few months and the end of high school have brought much stress and many regrets that I am gladly leaving behind as I begin this new chapter in my life. I’m going to a place where I won’t be known to anyone, and I’m grabbing this chance for a fresh start and holding on for all that it’s worth. I am so confident right now, as I know that God continually holds all of my fears and directs my feet in His perfect way. Thank you to all who have been praying for me, I am so very appreciative and can feel His hand at work!

Starting Friday, I will officially be a resident of San Diego, California and a student at Point Loma Nazarene University. Can you believe it? Because I certainly can’t...

1 comment:

  1. I can believe it, but I kind of don't want to. We're going to miss you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete