
To describe my life in the last three days simply: reading. Reading, reading, reading, as I have come to the end of a 400 something page novel mirroring the story of the book of Hosea. I'm usually one to be turned off by any sort of mushy gushy, Nicholas Sparks-esque romance novel, but I decided hesitantly to give this one a chance. One word...incredible. Skeptical, I expected nothing more than page upon page of the typical 'boy meets girl, girl plays hard to get, they fall in love, blah blah blah, happily ever after' story line. Not a chance. As God calls this man named Michael Hosea to marry a foul and insensitive prostitute (who wants nothing to do with him and continues to run away from his love and back to her old life), Christ's own love for US is clearly shown. Although we are stained and corrupt, evil and selfish, Jesus has chosen US to be His bride. We are all harlots, undeserving of His love, and yet He continues to shower us with every good thing. What a true picture of our Beloved.
Sounds good! I'd like to read that book!
ReplyDelete